Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Clarity

I am very happy to report that U-ME is stronger than ever. Stephanie and I are so happy and so in love! She and I are madly in love and my sobriety has just brought us closer.

We celebrated my birthday again last night with my parents, ex-wife, and my daughter.  U-ME celebrated my birthday Saturday night in downtown Portsmouth. Lots of presents and cakes. My ex-wife made me two upside down pineapple cakes which were a real treat.

Saturday I attended two recovery meetings, and got just that much closer to 7 months of recovery. A week from today, I celebrate 7 months of recovery and I can not believe how fast it is  going.

I am giving myself one year from my sobriety date (03/18/17) to get well and heal my body and mind. A lot of physical problems were left after my initial recovery and with each month that passes I am getting better and my physical ailments are dissipating.

My withdrawals have ebbed, and all the shakes, twitches, and tremors have passed-THANKFULLY. It was a murderous time those first three months when I realty wasn't right and I brought new meaning to the word "OFF."

I am still battling weight issues, as my anorexia has kicked in and reared its ugly head as only it can do. I am still losing the weight I gained in recovery, but inch ever closer to my ideal weight for me.

I hope to return to school in January, but will take my time until March when I celebrate one year of  recovery.

Stephanie and I are getting a roommate to fill up an empty bedroom on one of the upper floors. We will be heading to Florida for Thanksgiving in late November with my daughter and ex-wife.

I am getting ready to return to blogging daily very soon, and will blogging about daily life and other subjects other than recovery as they arise.

Recovery is a main focal point of my life at this time but that is slowly evening out to be more reasonable than it has been. I have been just attending one meeting during the week this week and that is enough as I work the steps with my sponsor. I know lots of people don't believe in the twelve steps but for me they are a good groundwork for everyday living as well as recovery.

Today we show the room available to rent to our first person. Later today another person is coming by and then tomorrow another person is coming and finally on Friday another person is coming by to look at the room. It is a really great deal for the right person and for us as well. Hopefully we will find the right match and they will move in for November 1st.

I have to start getting up at 1 am again like I did when I took Adderall. I sleep a lot now due to recovery as I need my rest, and find myself sleeping quite a bit.

Hopefully I will return to this blog regularly in the very near future.

Corey

BORN THIS WAY-2K17

No comments:

Post a Comment